Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It really aggravates me that my mom doesn't understand anything about this industry..


I get so excited about shoots and some of the models that I get to work with and any time I tell her anything about them, the first thing she says is, "Are you getting paid?!"


NO. You can't expect to get paid while building your portfolio and gaining experience.. the industry doesn't freaking work that way! God, it's so frustrating! And then she says that I'm not getting anywhere because I don't have schooling. There's NO WAY in hell I'm ever attending art school. I've learned so much in the past year at my little job at the newspaper and doing shoots on my own, then I would accomplish at art school.


Ugh, I'm so fucking annoyed. And then on top of all this I have to finish looking at 1800 pictures and editing them by the end of this week. That's usually very simple, except the fact that I can't make up my damn mind about the edits and my computer is slow as hell!


fdghauidfhglkajdfigadjfg.

3 comments:

  1. Whether to go to art school or not was so hard for me. I feel like I'm wasting my non-existent money on an education. Yes, I learned a lot. BUT my school doesn't teach me fashion photography and that's what I want to do. I've almost quit like 245097409 times. I should be graduating in May. I constantly wonder if I'm ever going to use my degree....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg. My mom is THE SAME EXACT WAY. It drives me insane. I don't think photographers should go to school. You learn way more in the field. :) Excited to meet you on the 16th! (This is BrianaDanielle the MUA btw! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Screw art school, bunny! You gots talent. Just keep working on your stuff and it will blossom itself :) Spend money on equipment, not a degree.

    ReplyDelete